Activities to Keep Children Educated and Entertained while Social Distancing during COVID-19
Now that Gov. Mike Parson has ordered all classrooms in Missouri to remain closed throughout the end of the school year, parents and caregivers are faced with the task of keeping their children occupied during this time.
Here is a list of available resources to keep your children educated and entertained each day:
- Education.com – Offering access to some of their educational resources free of charge to help support children, Preschool – 5th grade.
- Khan Academy – Nonprofit organization offering free, world-class education for all students, K-12.
- Little Passports – Offering free activities for fun learning at home.
- Scholastic Inc. – Offering free resources for students during school closures.
- K12 – Offering free learning programs to help keep students on track academically during school closings.
Activities and Games
- St. Louis Aquarium – Take a virtual journey or have breakfast with the animals.
- ABCya.com, L.L.C. – Offers free educational games for children.
- PBS Kids – Offers a variety of free games for children of all ages.
- Online Coloring – Offers free coloring pages to print or color online.
- Rags Apparel LLC – Offers free, printable coloring and activity pages.
- Disney – Offers free, online games and coloring pages for children.
- Cartoon Network – Offers free, online games for kids, including sports, action, arcade and adventure games.
- Houston Zoo – Offers live webcam feed of various animals interacting in their habitat.
- Google Arts & Culture – Offering free, virtual museum tours.
Exercise is also the oldest and greatest ways to ease a worried mind. Take a walk around the neighborhood, grab your gloves, bats and brush up on your baseball, ride your bikes, kick the soccer ball around or throw some hoops, toss the ball for your dog. Take advantage of this time with your kids, the slower pace, with no rushing from place to place, it may be a once in a life time opportunity.
Family Ally is dedicated to helping your family through these extraordinary times. We have implemented procedures designed to help combat the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and are here for you while working remotely. Our office is fully operational, and we are able to meet all of your needs. Contact our office today at for any questions or for a confidential consultation, call 314-449-9800.