We devote our full attention and resources to each case, and pride ourselves on our quick response and ongoing communication. Clients know they can count on Jennifer R. Piper for straightforward advice and cost-effective representation.
About Jennifer R.
Jennifer R. Piper attended the University of Missouri-Columbia where she earned a B.A. in political science, she then went on to recieve her law degree from Saint Louis University School of Law.
As an attorney, Jennifer has been distinguished by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as a Rising Star, Up and Coming Lawyer; she has been named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020 in the practice area of Family Law. Mrs. Piper also recently received a Woman’s Justice Award from Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2019.
In the News:
Ms. Piper served as a member of the 2010 and 2011 inaugural class of Barristers in The Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court. As a member and Past President of The St. Louis County Bar Association, Ms. Piper is still actively involved in the organization and helps organize Continuing Legal Education Seminars and events. Ms. Piper was appointed and served on a special committee of the Missouri Bar Association dealing with issues involving juvenile cases and immigration. Ms. Piper was appointed by St. Louis County Circuit Court Judge Burton to serve on a special committee to improve the Family Court of St. Louis County that developed and implemented new local rules and procedures. Ms. Piper served on the Board of Directors for Caring for Kids, an organization developed and designed to provide essential resources to meet the urgent needs of children in foster care in St. Louis County.
Certified as a Guardian Ad Litem, Ms. Piper is regularly appointed to represent and protect children by Judges and Commissioners in St. Louis County and St. Louis City. Ms. Piper volunteers as a Guardian Ad Litem for the St. Louis County Domestic Violence Court Docket. Ms. Piper is certified as a Mediator for civil and family law matters. Ms. Piper is also a certified Parenting Coordinator and is regularly appointed by the Court to assist families with the most difficult custody matters.
- Best Lawyers St. Louis, 2019
- Women’s Justice Award, from Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2019
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2020 in the practice area of Family Law
- Reinker, Hamilton & Piper, LLC listed with US News and World Reports Best Law Firms in the area of Family Law for the St. Louis Metro Area 2016-2020
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer from Missouri Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Appointed to Special Committee of Missouri Bar Association addressing Juvenile Law and Immigration Issues, 2011
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer from Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2009
- Appointed to Special Committee of St. Louis County addressing the Family Court rules and procedures
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Ranking
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, 1998
Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 2001
- Family Law
– Child Custody
– Child Support
– Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements
- Family Law Mediation
- Missouri, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2001
- Illinois, 2002
- Going Solo: How to Start Your Own Law Firm, 2016
- Divorce over 50, 2014
- Veteran’s Benefits in Divorce, 2013
- Finding and Preserving Electronic Evidence, 2010
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association, Inactive
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Past President
- St. Louis County Bar Association, President, 2010
- St. Louis County Bar Association, President Elect, 2009
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Treasurer, 2008
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Secretary, 2007
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2003 – 2006
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Women Lawyers’ Association of Greater St. Louis
- The Theodore McMillian Inns of Court, Barrister, Inaugural class 2010
- St. Louis County Law Library, Board of Directors, 2004 – 2010
- Caring For Kids, Board of Directors 2010-2013
- The Missouri Bar Association Juvenile Courts and Law Committee, Vice-Chair 2011-2012
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, National Member and Missouri Chapter